Tuesday 18 November 2014

Passenger Pigeons - haiku and links

feral pigeons flock -
shadow passenger pigeons
darkening skies

***

I like the idea of Fold the Flock, an origami project to remember the passenger pigeon.

You may be interested in my previous posts that relate to the passenger pigeon:

Yesterday, I reviewed 'A Message from Martha'Mark Avery's remarkable book about what we can learn from the extinction of the passenger pigeon.

On 1 September 2014, the centenary of the death of Martha, the last ever passenger pigeon, I reviewed  'Pigeon' a wonderful book by Barbara Allen.

You can read my poem Passenger Pigeon here.

As ever, red text contains hyperlins that take you to other webpages where you can find out more.

2 comments:

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Juliet,
Read your poem. Beautiful, haunting. sad.

Bill said...

I've always liked the poem, and this is a fine, evocative haiku.