Wednesday 1 July 2015

More chopstick bags

A friend recently gave me a huge amount of scrap fabric to upcycle into crafty projects. I've been starting with the obvious things - pieces of fabric the ideal shape and size to make chopstick bags for example




These are now  all in the Crafty Green Poet Etsy shop - the gingham one here, the multicoloured satin one here and the off-white satin one here. .

A re-usable chopstick bag like these is an ideal way to carry around a pair of re-usable chopsticks so you can avoid using the disposable ones that are the usual cutlery choice in many Chinese restaurants. (Many disposable chopsticks are made from the products of forest destruction, though to be fair some are made from waste wood from the construction industry).

5 comments:

Lynn said...

Great idea! I wouldn't have thought of that.

sage said...

I was surprised to recently learn that a lot of timber goes out of the Port of Savannah to China for chopsticks! I have several pair of fancy chopsticks that came with bags and should remember to take them with me when I travel.

Maureen @ Josephina Ballerina said...

Hi Juliet!
As you know, my hands don't do chopsticks. I do try just for fun. Sometimes I can get noodles to my mouth without poking another diner's eye out. However, I do own one pretty pair to hold my hair up when I wear it in a bun. And wouldn't you know? I STILL end up poking people in the eye when they hug me. Oh well. Guess I have "fork person" hardwired into my DNA. Your bags are very pretty, tho.
:) m & jb who likes to play with chopsticks by batting them onto the floor where mommy can't find them

A Cuban In London said...

Beautiful! :-)

Greetings from London.

Anonymous said...

lovely work and great idea for recycling fabric - not something I could do though, given my complete absence of craftiness ;)